Monday, May 21, 2012

Day One

This first post should actually be dated 05/18/12. But I switched to a different blogging website.

Isagenix

Do you not know that your bodies are temples of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own;  you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your bodies.

Today I started Isagenix. Health and fitness are very important to me. They have been for a while now. Not only do I want to always look good for my husband, I want to practice healthy living as discipline for life. I want to take care of my body now, so I can be strong and beautiful for my children.

To me, my mom has always been young. Her youthfulness springs out of her spirit. She has always taken care of herself. In a very healthy way, she has always managed to stay fit. I want to have the energy she had (and still has) while I was growing up. I want to be active, I want to be pleasant. Most of all, I want to be ALIVE! She already had two kids by my age, so I am already behind!

Most importantly, I want to honor God with my body. Not just with what I do with it but also with what I put into it.  I want to be disciplined and strive for greatness. I love the Holy Spirit SO much! And this body is his dwelling place. Just like I go crazy cleaning the house when guests are coming to stay, I want to clean out my body so that it is spic and span for Him to stay! J



Today is DAY 1 of my Isagenix 9 day cleanse.

I woke up this morning so freaking excited! Around 7:30, before leaving for work, I took 1 natural accelerator pill and drank my meal replacement shake. The shake is made my mixing 8 ounces of water with 2 scoops of the Isa protein powder. It didn’t taste bad at all. However, I read that you are supposed to drink it quickly because it has active enzymes and they will die if you don’t drink within 20 minutes, rendering the drink less effective. The fact that I had to drink it so fast made me gag a couple of times. That is just how I am. My gag reflexes trigger easily. Other than that, everything went smoothly.

It’s now 11:20am and my stomach is a growlin! I think my body is just getting used to not being filled to the brim. 

For Lunch I am supposed to take a natural accelerator and eat a meal that is 400-600 calories. So… I will check back in a couple of hours…

… I AM SO TIRED! I keep yawning every 5 seconds. Definitely feeling the lack of caffeine right now. But it’s good. I need to break my coffee/soda habit anyways.

I met up with Caleb for lunch. He is doing the cleanse too. We went to chipotle. I got a bowl with small portions of brown rice, black beans, bell peppers, chicken, guacamole, lettuce and an itty bitty amount of cheese. Pretty healthy right? I don’t know if I stayed within my calories, but I guess I will find out tomorrow when I weigh in.  We both drank water.

You are supposed to drink tons of water on this cleans. I am on my 8th cup of water today. I LOVE water!

How do I feel? Well I have a slight headache, I’m extremely tired and I’m hungry. BUT the first two are side effects from caffeine withdrawals. And the hungry part … well I’m on a cleanse. I didn’t expect much else.

I think I am going to buy a new blender after work today. My blender kind of sucks.

I can’t wait to get off work. I am getting a message with Nathalie. My eye has been twitching lately. I’m pretty stressed at work. So this will be good. A massage is definitely needed.



No comments:

Post a Comment